February 23, 2012

Apl.de.ap solo album to feature Bruno Mars, Charice


Apl.de.ap is working on his solo album, which will count with the participation of  Grammy-winning singer-songwriter Fil-Am    Bruno Mars, International pop star Charice  and Filipino Youtube discovery Arjohn Gilbert.

Apl.de.ap gave this announcement during an interview at San Miguel Corporation, in Ortigas Center, where he formally signed a contract of sponsorship with the brand San Miguel Beer.

The deal will have apl appearing in an SMB Pale Pilsen TV commercial with TV host/actress Kris Aquino.



The agreement includes Apl’s appearance at a television advertisement, and besides, SMB and San Miguel Foundation will make a partnership with Apl at his project. Apl’s project aims to build 10.000 classrooms for Philippine poor children (We Can Be Anything).

Apl.de.ap comes back to the US on Sunday, but it’s expected that he will come back to Philippines to work at his solo album.


Check this out and enjoy this video.

WeCanBeAnything is an education advocacy campaign, born of a partnership between the Apl.de.Ap Foundation (AdAF) and the Ninoy and Cory Aquino Foundation (NCAF).

The campaign was conceived after apl.de.ap (a.k.a. Allan Pineda), the Filipino-American member of the world-famous Black Eyed Peas, expressed his desire to help improve the education situation in the Philippines.


Black Eyed Peas - The Apl Song

Lapit mga kaibigan at makinig kayo
Ako’y may dala-dalang, balita galing sa bayan ko
Nais kong ipamahagi ang mga kwento
Ang mga pangyayaring nagaganap
Sa lupang pinangako

[English Translation:]
(Come closer my friends and everyone listen
I brought news from my homeland
I’ll tell you how we live and what goes on
From my beloved homeland.)

Every place got a ghetto this is my version
Check it out…
Listen closely yo, I got a story to tell
A version of my ghetto where life felt for real
Some would call it hell but to me it was heaven
God gave me the grace, amazin’ ways of living
How would you feel if you had to catch your meal?
Build a hut to live and to eat and chill in.
Having to pump the water outta the ground
The way we put it down utilizing what is around
Like land for farming, river for fishing
Everyone helpin’ each other whenever they can
We makin’ it happen, from nothin’ to somethin’
That’s how we be survivin’ back in my homeland

[Chorus]

Yo, its been a while but…
I been back home to my homeland, (check it out) to see what’s going on
Man it feels good to be back at home
And it’s been a decade, on the journey all alone
I was fourteen when I first left Philippines
I’ve been away half my life, but it felt like a day
To be next to my mom with her home cooked meal
Meant I felt complete, my emotions I feel!
Now life has changed for me in the U.S
But back at home man, life was a mess…
I guess sometimes life’s stresses gets you down
On your knees, oh brother I wish I could have helped you out…

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
enjoying wonderful world