December 26, 2012

Celebrities share their favorite Disney memories

Disney holds a special place in everyone’s hearts, young and old. And almost every year since 1990, the Disney on Ice show has captivated audiences from all ages and from all walks of life.
This year, Disney on Ice presents Princesses and Heroes, another spectacular show that will truly delight, excite, and enthrall everyone. Eight Disney Princesses, Ariel, Cinderella, Belle, Jasmine, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Rapunzel and Tiana and their respective handsome princes will tell the audience their inspiring stories through artistic skating and graceful acrobatics and prove once more that wishes do come true for those who believe.
Even for some of our local celebrities, a Disney on Ice show is nothing short of magical. From the elegantly-designed costumes, magnificent fairytale sets, and charming characters, this annual ice show is something they also look forward to. But the Disney on Ice experience does not stop with the show itself. “It’s been a long time since I last saw Disney on Ice...I was probably first year high school or grade six. I remember there was a flashlight, Minnie Mouse was what I got, na parang umiikot-ikot siya. And then there was a mug, and there was cotton candy!” says actress Iza Calzado. A Disney on Ice show can also bring you back to your memorable childhood years. “Oh I need to see Disney on Ice again!” Iza adds.

Singer-actress Karylle remembers seeing a Disney on Ice show when she treated a few lucky kids from her chosen charity. But when asked about her favorite Disney memory, she fondly recalls her serendipitous meet-up with her favorite princess, Cinderella. “I went to Disneyland recently, and I met Cinderella. I met her, and she asked me where I was from. I said I was from the Philippines, and she was like, ‘That’s a beautiful kingdom!’ so she’s now my friend. And then she told me to pose like a princess, and when I left I curtsied, and she curtsied back and I was like, ‘Hah, I’m a princess,’” she shares with a delighted laugh.

Miss Universe Philippines 2012 Janine Tugonon, on the other hand, could not help but admire the skill and grace of the performers when she saw Disney on Ice last year. “Sobrang gusto ko yung mag-partners. Sina Princess Jasmine and Aladdin, sina Ariel and Prince Eric, and yung others. Nanonood kasi ako dati ng mga ice skating competitions sa TV, so nag-enjoy ako panoorin yung ginawa nila dun. Nagalingan talaga ako kasi hindi lang simpleng skating yung pinakita nila; talagang may turns and lifts,” she says.
Already a mom of two, TV host Christine Bersola-Babao still treasures every Disney on Ice show she watched, from when she was a young girl until now. “Even when I was in high school, di ba meron nang Disney on Ice nun? Dinadala ako ng mommy ko. And we’ve been watching Disney on Ice when it’s shown here. You’re planting happy memories in a child’s mind every time you bring them to Disney on Ice,” she says.

Singer JM Rodriguez reveals that this favorite Disney Christmas hero is Scrooge. “I played the young Scrooge in a musical for Repertory. From watching Disney shows, I learned that wishes can come true if you believe, focus and work on it.”
Prepare to be enchanted by the lovely Disney Princesses and their dashing princes in this “ice-spectacular” show. Troop over to the Smart Araneta Coliseum to catch Disney on Ice presents Princesses and Heroes from December 25, 2012 to January 3, 2013. Tickets are available via TicketNet Online www.ticketnet.com.ph or call (02) 911 5555.

Disney on Ice presents Princesses and Heroes is a holiday presentation from the Araneta Center and Lactum. Major sponsor is VISA. Official transport partners are Philippine Airlines and H&M Transport. Official TV partner is ABS-CBN and FOX INTERNATIONAL. Other media partners are the Manila Bulletin, Philippine Daily Inquirer, Energy FM, Yes FM -Light Rock, Radio High, Guess Kids and Summit Media. Official Residence is Holiday Inn.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
enjoying wonderful world