To augment the existing Libreng Tawag services in several typhoon-hit areas in the Visayas, Smart Communications, Inc. (Smart) is providing free all-network and International SMS bundle to Smart, Sun and Talk ‘N Text subscribers to help them connect with families and loved ones.
The free SMS bundle, comprised of 25 all-net text and three international text messages will automatically be available daily for five days beginning midnight of November 13, 2013 for both postpaid and prepaid subscribers. The service does not require any registration.
The offer is initially available in hard hit areas Aklan, Antique, Capiz, Leyte, Northern Cebu, Palawan and Samar, where an estimated five million subscriber base stand to benefit.
Restoration of network facilities in these areas commenced immediately in the aftermath of Typhoon Yolanda in order to provide vital communication services to the various institutional partners and local government units involved in coordinating post-disaster response efforts. As of November 12, 82% of the network has been restored.
Libreng Tawag stations continue to operate in the following areas:
· PNP Headquarters, Tacloban City, Leyte
· PLDT Office, Jones St., Tacloban City, Leyte
· DSWD booth, Tacloban City Hall
· Smart cellsite near VNG Subdivision, Tacloban City, Leyte
· Municipal Hall, Palo, Leyte
· Smart Store, Ormoc City, Leyte (with free mobile phone charging)
· Ormoc City Plaza, Ormoc City, Leyte
· Ormoc airport, Ormoc City, Leyte
· Municipal Hall, San Francisco, Camotes Island, Cebu
· Cebu Cultural Center, Bantayan Island
· Smart cellsite in Sta.Fe, Bantayan Island (with free mobile phone charging)
· Madridejos Municipal Hall, Bantayan Island (with free mobile phone charging)
Charging of mobile handset batteries are also being offered for free in the Smart cell site facility in Roxas City, Capiz and in Old Buswang, Kalibo, Aklan.