Late last year, Noel Cabangon asked his fans on what songs they want the singer-songwriter to record for his new album. This new record, produced by Universal Records, contains Noel’s refreshing take on 12 modern classics.
Unlike his multi-platinum albums “Byahe” and “Tuloy Ang Byahe,” “Acoustic Noel” covers OPM classics from various decades.
The album opens with Noel’s take on Ogie Alcasid’s classic “Nandito Ako,” which is also the carrier single of the album. The singer-songwriter’s vocals soars in his rendition of Rivermaya’s “Himala.”
Noel turns sentimental in ballads like Basil Valdez’s “Araw, Gabi,” Aiza Seguerra’s and “Pagdating Ng Panahon.”
He also breathe new life to band hits like Parokya Ni Edgar’s “Harana,” Rizal Underground’s “Bilanggo,” and Eraserheads’ “Huwag Mo Nang Itanong.”
OPM classics also made it to the list – APO’s “Tuyo Nang Damdamin,” and Asin’s “Itanong Mo Sa Mga Bata.”
Noel’s previously-recorded songs, “Nag-iisa, Wala Ka Na” and “Awit ng Bahaghari,” have been given new versions in the album.
1. NANDITO AKO (originally popularized by Ogie Alcasid)
2. PAGDATING NG PANAHON (originally popularized by Aiza Seguerra)
3. HIMALA (originally popularized by Rivermaya)
4. ARAW GABI (originally popularized by Basil Valdez)
5. HARANA (originally popularized by Parokya Ni Edgar)
6. AWIT NG BAHAGHARI
7. MAKITA KANG MULI (originally popularized by Sugarfree)
8. TUYO NA’NG DAMDAMIN (originally popularized by APO Hiking Society)
9. BILANGGO (originally popularized by Rizal Underground)
10. ITANONG MO SA MGA BATA (originally popularized by Asin)
11. HUWAG MO NANG ITANONG (originally popularized by Eraserheads)
12. NAG-IISA, WALA KA NA
FOLLOW NOEL CABANGON: