Enjoy the wonderful world of theater ! THEATER NEWS 2014: BALLET PHILIPPINES SET TO LAUNCH 45TH ANNIVERSARY – THE SAPPHIRE SEASON ON MAY 21 BP’s Sapphire Season: 10 Things You Should Be Excited About!
1. Opening our season is the award winning choreography of Agnes Locsin, LA REVOLUCION FILIPINA, with a libretto by Dennis Marasigan and set to the music of Maestro Ryan Cayabyab. This “powerful and poignant” production will give you another reason to be honored to be born of the Filipino race.
2. Guest Artists from the American Ballet Theater (ABT) essay the roles of Giselle and Albrecht in our Fundraising Gala of GISELLE. Watch out for ABT Soloist Stella Abrera and Principal Dancer James Whiteside as they dance with Ballet Philippines. Did we mention that Ms. Stella Abrera is a Filipina?! More Philippine pride!
3. THE BLUE MOON GALA and THE HOMECOMING GALA: two “once in a blue moon” gatherings of BP’s dance community celebrating its 45 years.
4. Ballet Philippines will go on a US Tour on October 2014 – Get ready, West Coast!
5. Alice Reyes’ CINDERELLA will bring merriment to families – especially to children – as this happy production’s comeback will surely bring fun to the Yuletide season!
6. Ballet + superheroes + the music of Eraserheads back when they were in UP all in one production = MANHID: THE FILIPINO SUPERHERO MUSICAL, which will bring the season to a rocking close. This production features Tanghalang Pilipino was created by Auraeus Solito and choreographed by Artistic Director Paul Alexander Morales and Resident Choreographer Alden Lugnasin
7. Three schools of Ballet Philippines officially opened in the beginning of the season – CCP Dance School (for its 45th Summer Dance Workshop), Ballet Philippines Dance School in SM Aura and Studio 1 near Folk Arts Theater. More space, more opportunity for young dance talents!
8. Ballet Philippines goes to USA International Ballet Competition and Varna International Ballet Competition. Support our dancers who DREAM BIG!
9. MANanayaw, a documentary on the male dancers of Ballet Philippines, will be part of Cine Totoo: the First Philippine International Documentary Film Festival!
10. Ballet Philippines now offers FLEXIBLE SUBSCRIPTION where you can choose 4-series, 3-series, and 2 -series. Subscribers can get to choose the productions they want this early, choose seats before they are posted publicly, and save up to 25 percent!
Join us and without your enthusiastic support, where would we be? THANK YOU FOR A GLORIOUS 45th YEAR!