SEE THE WORLD through A WOMAN’S LENS WITH THE LAUNCH OF EVE,
the FIRST WOMEN’S FACTUAL ENTERTAINMENT channel in asia
She’s inspiring, driven, in control of her destiny and on August 1, 2014, she’s stepping out to show you what it means to live in a woman’s world – her name is Eve.
Launching across Hong Kong, Southeast Asia, and Taiwan, Eve is a new, empowering factual entertainment network that brings an unabashed female perspective of the world through amazing stories from the lives of women today. Targeted at women aged 25-49, Eve connects women through content that features unique perspectives and real- life experiences spanning careers, parenting, relationships, health and investigation.
Eve replaces Discovery Home & Health, which has been on-air in the region since 2004, but will continue to feature programmes from the baby and parenting, family reality, relationships and medical and health genres – which its viewers have grown to love – while introducing new genres like enterprise and misdemeanours.
- Enterprise – Follow women who pull their weight (and much more) in building and running businesses and unlikely career choices. Titles include Long Island Medium, Pawn Queens, and Women of Homicide.
- Relationships – Redefining love and romance in a modern-day context. Titles include 90 Day Fiancé and Alaskan Women Looking for Love.
- Baby & Parenting – The trials and tribulations of pregnancy and parenting, with real life stories and practical tips. Titles include I’m Pregnant And... and Family S.O.S. With Jo Frost.
- Family Reality – An insider’s look at the inner workings of amazing families – heartwarming, challenging and inspiring. Titles include Totally T-Boz and Mama’s Boys of the Bronx.
- Medical and Health – A look at the extraordinary and sometimes harrowing medical cases around the world through a human-centred lens. Titles include Born Schizophrenic: Jani and Bodhi’s Journey and Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners.
- Misdemeanours – Riveting, hard-hitting investigative programming that puts the spotlight on the darker side of life. Titles include Deadline: Crime with Tamron Hall and On the Case with Paula Zahn.
Strong female characters and engaging experts take front stage on Eve. Among them are the likes of Theresa Caputo of LONG ISLAND MEDIUM, who juggles being a mum and wife, with her profession as psychic medium; and respected anchor and investigative journalist Tamron Hall of DEADLINE: CRIME WITH TAMRON HALL who goes out onto the streets to reveal what caused people to turn to crime and if justice was ultimately served.
Eve’s programming will surprise and provoke, with a relatable tone of voice that will appeal to women across Asia, with universally-relevant themes. The upcoming line-up sheds a different female perspective on real issues with shows like 90 DAY FIANCE which shines the spotlight on international dating and matrimony, BORN SCHIZOPHRENIC: JANI AND BODHI’S JOURNEY where Susan and Michael Schofield struggle through daily tasks and highlight the tremendous troubles and triumphs of raising two children with mental illness; and a new season of I’M PREGNANT AND… which looks at the remarkable stories of women in difficult situations who are dealing with the challenges of pregnancy.
It doesn’t matter if you are a mum, mobster, miner or millionaire, Eve unites and celebrates all things close to a woman’s heart. After all, Eve is in every woman.
For more information, visit evechannelasia.com or www.facebook.com/evechannelasia (launching August 25).
Eve is a factual entertainment network for women which provides an unabashed female perspective of the world. From mums and mobsters to miners and millionaires, Eve showcases the myriad of amazing stories from the lives of women today. Eve empowers women by providing insights to a comprehensive range of topics that touch the lives of every woman, no matter what they do or where they live – connecting them through content that features unique perspectives and experiences of parenting, careers, relationships, health and entertainment. For more information, visit www.evechannelasia.com.
Discovery Communications is the world’s #1 nonfiction media company reaching 2.5 billion cumulative subscribers in over 224 countries and territories. Discovery is dedicated to satisfying curiosity through more than 190 worldwide television networks, led by Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Science and Investigation Discovery, as well as U.S. joint venture networks OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network and the Hub Network. Across the Nordic region, Discovery owns and operates SBS Discovery Media, a top-three portfolio of television brands that feature leading nonfiction content, as well as locally produced entertainment programs, sports and the best scripted series and movies from major studios. Discovery also is a leading provider of educational products and services to schools, including an award-winning series of K-12 digital textbooks, and a digital leader with a diversified online portfolio, including Discovery Digital Networks. In Asia-Pacific, eight Discovery brands reach 613 million cumulative subscribers in 36 countries with programming customised in 15 languages and dialects.