Former Iloilo representative and Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) director general Augusto Syjuco Jr., popularly known as Tito Boboy wants to check on the economic loses brought about by slow internet connection speeds, and for the Philippines to have the fastest internet service in the world.
The Philippines is considered as No. 2 Business Process Outsourcing Internet Service provider in the world, and despite lost opportunities of $45billion that would also have increased our 1.3 billion employees by an additional 1.04 billion employees to 2.34 billion.
“We succeeded despite being of the notoriously slowest broadband speed in Asia at 3.6 megabits per second, compared, say, to Singapore’s 69.69 mbps, which is 19 times faster than we are,” Syjuco said.
And as part of Syjuco’s advocacy, to ensure that we will have the fiber optic INTERNET PHILIPPINES BACKBONE in 2017, that will be the fastest Internet speed in the world.
Syjuco said that with a faster internet, the country will be able to attract more BPO companies to do business here in the Philippines and thereby adding an estimate of 1.3 Billion job opportunities in this sector alone or a 45 Billion USD additional income for the country.
"To prioritized this advocacy for us to attract more foreign investors and create more opportunities for Filipinos," said Syjuco.
A former lawmaker has declared his intention to run for president in the 2016 elections, to run for president of this country because he have so much to share— of knowledge, experience and wisdom.
Aside from being a public servant, Syjuco is also a writer, an artist, a pistol shooter and a Commodore of the 6th Philippine Coast Guard Auxilliary in Iloilo.
|Meet the Former Congressman of Iloilo Augusto Syjuco Jr. at the Bloggers Night last January 9, 2016 at the Forbes Park, Pakati City. #TitoBoboySyjuco 's part of his advocacy is for our country to have the fastest Internet in the world |
To know more on Augusto Syjuco Jr., here are some of his achievements:
- He studied at Ateneo de Manila and Peekskill Military Academy in New York, USA (Elementary to High School).
- Graduated a Cum Laude at the University of the East in 1963 with a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration (BSBA).
- He earned his MBA at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, USA in 1964.
- He has a doctorate in Management, Humanities, Public Service and Industrial Technology.
- Syjuco, when he was 28 years old, he was elected Vice President of the 1971 Constitutional Convention and is the principal author and sponsor of Article 13 that paved the way for the establishment of the Sandigan Bayan and Ombudsman. The article is later adopted during the 1986 constitutional commission.
- He was elected twice as congressman of the second district of Iloilo in 1998 and then in 2001.
-He was the former Director General of TESDA and a member of the PGMA (President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo) 5-Person Think-Tank.