Four of the nominees of The Virtus Awards 2016 of the Hotel Sales and Marketing Association will be proclaimed winners in four categories in formal ceremonies to be held at Novotel Manila Araneta Center on November 15, 2016.
Winners in the Associate, Manager, Leader and Marketing Campaign categories will be known after a seven month search that spanned the 76-member hotels and resorts in the country. Virtus Awardees earn the honor of being selected from among their peers in the hotel industry and find a channel to manifest their achievements in the tough competitive arena of the accommodation business. A specially designed Virtus trophies by noted artist Joey Ong, a twice grand prize winner of Art Association of the Philippines, have been commissioned to symbolize triumph and honor. Miniature trophies will be given to all nominees while the full-size version will be for awardees.
The nominees for the Virtus Awards 2016
- Arabella R. Barz (Director of Sales, Radisson Blu Cebu)
- Kirk Anthony C. Llmas (Director of Sales, Crimson Hotel Filinvest City, Manila)
- Laricel G. Mariano (Director of Sales, Artsdream Hospitality Management Group)
- Marivic A. Recio (Group Director of Sales and Marketing, The Bellevue Hotels and Resorts)
The nominees for the Associates category :
- (L-R, Top) Jose Luis B. Abellar (Sales Manager, Seda Hotels)
- Marie Stephanie M. Ada (Sales Executive, The Ascott Limited)
- Adana E. Bautista (Graphic Designer, Golden Phoenix Hotel Manla)
- Maria Elena R. Bautista (Account Manager, Island Cove Hotel and leisure Park).
- (L-R, Bottom) Jedaidah Lim (Events Executive, The Bellevue Resort
- Kathyryn C. Manimtim (Reservation Agent, Makati Diamond Residences)
- Ma. Trixie H. Ong (Sales Account and Event Executive, Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila).
For the Managers category, the nominees are :
- Gilyn J. Castro (Assistant Dir. Of Sales, Acacia Hotel Manila)
- Maria Veronica F. Galang (Manager – Travel Accounts, Bayview Park Hotel Manila)
- Marc Christopher J. Manalang (Sales Manager, Crimson Hotel Filinvest City Manila),
- Mia Mae E. Sy (PR and Marcom Crimson Resort and Spa)
- Mizza J. Badajos (Reservations and Talex Manager, Makati Diamond Residences)
- Joy Anne SF. Mariano (New World Manila Bay Hotel)
- Katrina P. Abundancia (Sales Manager, Radisson Blu Cebu)
- Ruby M. Nepomuceno (Director of Events, Radisson Blu Cebu)
- Wenceslao C. Catangay (Assistant Dir. of Events, Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila)
- Karlene M. Capunitan (Sales Manager, The Ascott Limited)
- Donna Elaine P. Villarin (Sales Manager, The Ascott Limited)
- June Kelly R. Ichinomiya (Assistant Dir. Of Sales – Japanese Market, The Bellevue Hotels and Resort)
In the Marketing Campaign Category, the following Teams and their campaigns are:
CRIMSON HOTELS AND RESORTS & QUEST HOTELS: HELLO SUMMER!
Team Leader: Carmela H. Bocanegra (Vice President for Sales & Marketing, Chroma Hospitality)
Team Members: Norsan B. Almeda (Director of Sales, National Sales Office), Kirk Anthony C. Llamas (Director of Sales, Crimson Hotel Filinvest City, Manila), Jo Ann V. Castillo (Director of Sales and Marketing,Crimson Resort and Spa Mactan) Mia Mae E. Sy ( PR and Marcom Manager Crimson Resort and Spa Mactan) and Ian E. Baol (Marcom and PR Assistant, Quest Hotel Cebu).
EDSA SHANGRI-LA, MANILA: AN URBAN RETREAT
Team Leader: Michael C. Albaña (Director of Sales and Marketing)
Team Members: Cristina A. del Carmen (Director of Communications) Regina Katrina S. Manalaysay, (Communications Manager) Mark D. Cantreras (Communications Executive), and Annie I. Gatchalian (F&B Marketing Manager)
GOLDEN PHOENIX HOTEL MANILA: SLEEP WITH US
Team Leader: Juan Miguel R. Barrera (Marketing and Communications Specialist)
Team Members: Adana E. Bautista (Graphic Designer) Marie Adeline T. Roño (Sales Manager) and Bonnalyn Desiree T. Santos (Sales Manager)
MAKATI DIAMOND RESIDENCES: CHAMPAGNE EVERYDAY
Team Leader: Stephanie Q. Chanco (PR and Marketing Manager)
Team Members: Karina L. Leal (PR & Marketing Supervisor), Patricia P. Pacio (Graphic Artist), April Maribel
V. Carbonell (Director of Food and Beverage), and Chef Merlinda S. Junio (Executive Chef)
RADISSON BLU CEBU: SOMETHING BLU, A WEDDING OF A KIND
Team Leader: Ann N. Olalo (Director of Sales and Marketing)
Team Members: Ruby M. Nepomuceno (Director of Events), Princes O. Anderle (Director for Marketing and Communications), Rochelle P. Tabino (Promotions Manager) and Christine M. Estrella (Marketing Communications Assistant)
Dr. Mina Gabor, the first female Secretary of Tourism who still holds multiple designations including being President of the International School of Sustainable Tourism, Philippine Small & Medium Scale Business, AAP Travel, Founder/Chair of Homestay Philippines Inc., Honorary Consul of Maldives among other concerns will be the Keynote Speaker and Guest of Honor and will deliver an inspirational message that reflects on her long years of outstanding government service under four presidents of the country.
The Virtus Awards is a project of the Hotel Sales and Marketing Association headed by Margie Munsayac HSMA president, Rose Libongco Virtus Awards Chair with the support of Christine Ibarreta for Public Relations and Cielo Reboredo for Ways and Means.
For inquiries and information, please contact Christine Ibarreta, Virtus Awards PR Head at firstname.lastname@example.org.