Some parents think it is not important to instill good oral habits among children because milk teeth are eventually replaced by permanent teeth.
Contrary to this common perception, however, lack of dental hygiene has negative consequences for young children who are susceptible to developing cavities just as adults are. The milk they drink and the food they eat can cause acid attacks, resulting in dental caries and tooth decay.
|Aside from brushing every after meal daily, remember to bring your little ones to the dentist every 6 months.|
|Encouraging kids to practice the brushing habit even at very early ages will result in good long term oral health.|
With this in mind, Hapee Kiddie Anti-Cavity Toothpaste generously shares tips that foster proper oral care habits for your kids at home:
• First, and most important habit of them all, teach your kids how to brush in their early years. Proper brushing habits—combined with the right toothpaste—equate to cavity-free kids.
• Choose a toothpaste with kid-safe level of fluoride. For instance, Hapee Kiddie Anti-Cavity Toothpaste has a fluoride level of 1,000 ppm—the recommended amount of fluoride for children’s toothpaste by the Philippine Pedriatrics Dental Society Inc. and among others. *
• Use oral care products designed for kids, like brushes with smaller heads that clean tiny mouths better, and with wider handles that little hands can easily grasp. Children likewise prefer fun and fruity flavors in toothpaste, instead of strong, minty ones.
• Encourage your little ones to brush longer and better with Hapee Kiddie’s 7 kid-citing flavors: Strawberry Bloom, Orange Squeeze, Tutti Frutti Twist, Juicy Grapes, Apple Crunch, Bubblegum Pop, and Cookies and Cream Ahoy.
• Teach your kids the ideal brushing time—which is at least two minutes—by making it fun and easy to remember: just sing the alphabet song in their heads twice.
• Remember that toothbrushes should be replaced every three to four months—or even sooner, if these have become frayed or worn out, and whenever your child goes through a bad case of cold or flu.
• Aside from proper brushing with Hapee Kiddie Anti-Cavity Toothpaste, watch what your kids eat. Wean them away from junk food and offer them healthy snacks instead. Introduce your kids at an early age to nuts and fruits as snacks—not candy bars or sugary foods.
• Also, have them maintain oral care with regular visits to the dentist every 6 months. A great idea: time their dental checkups with your own in order to show that dental care is a priority.
|Brushing regularly benefits both you and your child by protecting your pearly whites from plaque, bacteria and cavities.|
|For children, the best choice of toothpaste is Hapee Kiddie Anti-Cavity Toothpaste, with a fluoride level of 1,000 ppm, the recommended amount of fluoride for children’s toothpaste.|
Remember: Happy habits are essential for children’s healthy teeth, especially the brushing habit. When it comes to your child’s toothpaste, choose Hapee Kiddie Anti-Cavity Toothpaste, an expert at making brush time fun time.