March 13, 2017

( #lifegoals ) How millennials are affording the life they want today

Travel is now an escape, a reward, and a passion for all, and millennials are embracing this newfound love with a gutsy attitude and an effective strategy to boot. 

Smart travelers Adrian Cailao, JJ Se and Aia Tabal share their secrets on how to travel freely, sign up for graduate school, and pursue multiple dreams today. 

Get started on your #lifegoals

"I usually travel with a group of friends. We plan ahead, about a year in advance. We look for airline seat sales. We read blogs on budget traveling and we have a pool for travel fund," Adrian expertly explains. 

Certified millennial traveler Adrian enjoys quick escapes while working on his life goals.

Listing traveling under his core interests, this 29-year-old has explored much of the archipelago, experiencing the Philippines' most beautiful for self-discovery and relaxation.

His colleague JJ agrees with him. He says travel is a great means to expand his range of experiences. "I've seen the hanging coffins in Sagada, experienced the culinary heritage of Central Luzon, and explored the underground river of Palawan. I also went on my first solo flight abroad to Malaysia and Singapore last year."

JJ, however, is the first to say that dreams don’t just fall into one’s lap. When he isn’t out posting his adventures on Instagram, this traveler is busy shuttling between his work in Alabang and UP Diliman for his graduate classes. He explains, “I live in the south so I have to go back again, go home to get rest, and repeat the routine the following day.” 

Another achievement unlocked. Aia adds Norway to places she has visited. 


Fortunately, he has a colleague like Aia, who he can look up to. Newly-graduated from Ateneo Business School, the MBA-Regis degree holder is now looking for a fresh set of adventures. “I plan to enroll in baking or cooking classes. For travel goals, I am planning my next trip to Australia and Maldives. My sister and I went to Norway just a few months back. Now, we’re drafting our shared travel list,” Aia excitedly adds. 

No one would have guessed that this career-driven millennial is also a wanderlust and has explored much of the Philippines and popular Asian destinations like China, Korea, and Japan.

Win your own success with this millennial secret

Millennials do not wait for a “break” to excel, achieve, and experience the world. Adrian, JJ and Aia exemplified this, when they decided to invest in the life that they want. Their Insular Life policies have helped them outline their adventures, without sacrificing their personal milestones. 


JJ allots time to enjoy Philippine marvels like the San Juanico Bridge. 


JJ explains, “Honestly, I didn’t understand the importance of life insurance before. To me, it was something that ‘adults’ should get, in case something bad or unexpected happens to them. I didn’t know it as a tool that can help me fund my goals.” 

Adrian reveals that, at his age, he already has two years’ worth of financial tracking records. He uses them to strategize on his spending and investments. "If a travel would not fit the budget, I have to say 'no'. I've learned to focus on my goals and now I am building up my insurance policies and investment profits to fund my next travel goals in Europe and America.”

For Aia, saving up for goals is just a matter of developing the right habits. She says, “I compute my expected cash inflow for the year, deduct expenses including my premiums for Insular Life’s Wealth Secure, and then plan out my trips. If budget permits, I also do top-ups for my Wealth Builder policy, because I’m planning to withdraw some of it for my future international trips.”


Follow these thrill seekers and enjoy living in the moment, not just for the moment. Start your own Magandang Araw with Insular Life and plan ahead to secure a fulfilling, financially-free and exhilarating Magandang Bukas. 

Visit www.insularlife.com.ph/ to know how you can start achieving your #adulting goals.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
enjoying wonderful world