The Department of Education (DepEd), through the Office of the Undersecretary for Regional Operations, has opened the application for the Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES) 2014.
SPES is an annual summer employment program that encourages students to make their vacation productive by working during summer thereby earning extra which they can use during regular school days. The program is spearheaded by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) and supported by other government agencies. It aims to immerse the youth in the government and hone their sense of leadership and public service.
Qualifications to be accepted as a SPES Trainee are the following:
(1) Students/out-of-school youth who are at least 18 years old but not more than 25 years old;
(2) He/she must be enrolled this school year (in-school) or if not, must have intention to enroll next school year (out-of-school);
(3) the combined annual net income of both parents must not exceed Php 143,000; and
(4) applicants must possess office skills with priority given to those with computer-related skills.
The following requirements must be accomplished for the SPES application:
(1) SPES Application Form (Download Official SPES Application Form from http://tinyurl.com/DepEdSPES2014);
(2) Birth Certificate / Baptismal Certificate (Certified True Copy / NSO);
(3) Income tax returns of both parents. If non-filers of ITR, they must bring an affidavit duly certified by the BIR that the annual net income of both parents does not exceed Php. 143,000 or a Barangay Certification as to the economic status of his/her family;
(4) College Students: Recent grades and school registration preferably in the second semester; and
(5) for the Out-of-School Youth (OSY), provide Grades available before dropping out of school or a Certificate of Indigence issued by the Barangay where the OSY resides.
SPES 2014 Trainees will be employed for 30 (thirty) working days under the supervision of SPES 2014 Secretariat in the Department of Education – Central Office.
The application period is from March 10-12, 2014 from 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM, Monday – Saturday.
Submission of document may be thru email via scanned documents (zip file) with your Name and Date of Submission to email@example.com.
You may also send your certified true copy of documents enclosed in a brown envelope with your Name and Date of Submission.