Now firmly established as number one e-commerce retailer in Southeast Asia
In just two years, Lazada has rapidly established itself as the number one e-commerce retailer in Southeast Asia. The Company has brought the convenience of internet shopping to customers across Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam and the Philippines.
Lazada’s growth has been exponential, driven by its unique offering as an online shopping mall which understands the differing needs of consumers across a diverse region. The company has also tapped into the growing trend for consumers in Southeast Asia to shop online, particularly in rural areas where there are few physical retail stores.
The company now receives over a million visits to its website every day and has state-of-the-art distribution centres in every market it operates. At the time of launch, the company had only a few employees, the headcount has now grown significantly which is reflected in their strong teams across the 5 regions. Lazada has raised approximately US $430 million dollars over the past two years from leading investors including JP Morgan, Kinnevik and Tesco, which has helped further fuel its growth.
Lazada’s mobile application for the Android was launched in June 2013, with the applications for the iPhone and iPad launched in January 2014. Mobile phone sales now deliver a significant share of Lazada’s overall sales.
· Mar 2012 : Lazada launches in Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam, Indonesia & Thailand
· Apr 2012 : Lazada serves its 3000th customer
· Sep 2012 : JP Morgan invests in Lazada
· Nov 2012 : Kinnevik invests in Lazada
· Dec 2012 : Lazada launches Marketplace; Summit Partners invest in Lazada
& Lazada introduces 12.12.12, SEA’s equivalent of Cyber Monday
· Mar 2013 : Lazada celebrates its 1st Anniversary
· Jun 2013 : Lazada Mobile Application for Android devices launched
· Jun 2013 : Lazada launches Affiliate Program
· Jul 2013 : Lazada launches its own fleet of riders
· Dec 2013 : Tesco PLC, Access Industries, Investment AB Kinnevik and Verlinvest invest in Lazada & Lazada launches The Online Revolution
· Jan 2014 : Lazada Mobile Applications for iPhones and iPads launched
· Mar 2014 : Lazada celebrates its 2nd Anniversary
Maximilian Bittner, Chief Executive Officer of Lazada said, “Lazada is a destination website which meets the demands of customers across a complex region. We have successfully broken down the barriers to e-commerce in these markets through solutions such as owning our own fleet of delivery vehicles and offering cash on delivery. The company has seen exponential growth over the past two years and we are now the leading online e-commerce business in Southeast Asia. I am proud to be leading a team of people who strive for perfection every day and work relentlessly to deliver incredible services to our customers”.
Lazada (www.lazada.com.ph) is Philippines’ largest online shopping mall and is pioneering e-commerce by providing a fast, convenient and secure online shopping experience combined with an extensive product offering in categories ranging from mobiles & tablets and consumer electronics to household goods, toys, fashion and sports equipment. Lazada is continuously striving to offer its customers the best possible shopping experience with multiple payment methods including cash on delivery, extensive warranty commitments and free returns. Lazada mobile applications for Android, iPhone and iPad provide additional convenience to its consumers’ allowing them to shop anywhere, anytime.
For more information, please visit http://www.lazada.com.ph.
For updates on Lazada’s latest innovations, as well as activities, contests and promotions, connect with us via Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/LazadaPhilippines).