TLC, the number one travel and lifestyle channel in the Philippines, Singapore, and Malaysia, will be premiering an all-new season of CAKE BOSS this August! Starring famed baker Buddy Valastro and his cake crew family, the team is back and whipping up amazingly crazy cakes and confections.
Over the years, the team has successfully made their burgeoning bakery, Carlo’s Bakery, a household name. And as the business has grown, so have their responsibilities. But at the end of the day, Buddy wants to be true to his roots: cake and family. Whatever the challenge, the Valastros prove that no matter how sticky the situation, the family that bakes together stays together!
CAKE BOSS is now a partnership between Discovery Networks International (DNI) and TLC in the United States with seasons seven and eight produced by original series producer Jon Sechrist, High Noon Entertainment and Valastro’s own Cakehouse Media. The new partnership enables more creative control globally, giving the show a truly international flavour and appeal.
Catch Buddy Valastro and his team create the cakes of your dreams, starting August 12, airing Wednesdays at 8 p.m. on TLC.
- EP 1: Everything Old is New Again. After 50 years and millions of customers, it’s time to renovate the original Carlo’s bakery. It’s a bittersweet process as the family reminisces over the memories they’ve made spanning the past half a century.
- EP 2: Kid Crush and Carnival. Buddy hopes nothing gets lost in-translation when he creates a colorful Carnival cake for a local Brazilian restaurant. Back at the bakery, love is in the air as the Valentine’s Day rush has everyone pitching in, old school style. At home, Buddy helps his 7 year-old son, Marco, impress his Valentine by doing what Valastro guys do best… bake!
- EP 3: Naked Fishing. Things quickly get out-of-hand when Buddy fills an order for an ice-fishing cake. An important client requests a naked cake as a “naked trend” makes its way to New Jersey, but Buddy struggles to embrace the controversial design.
- EP 4: The Butcher and the Baker. Things really get cooking when the guys go for a consultation at a butcher shop and take a slab of inspiration home for lunch. There's more than a "meat" covered cake to eat when Buddy, the baker, also tries to become a butcher.
- EP 5: Bacon, Banana and Bling. One part St. Patrick’s Day… one part pig roast… it is St. Piggy’s Day, and it’s a huge deal in New Jersey. This year, the event coordinators asked Buddy and his team to make a cake fit for a pig – both inside and out.