February 18, 2012

I Am A Brain Anuerysm Survivor!

Today’s my first anniversary, my first birthday!


I'M A SURVIVOR! And I thank God for my second life, for waking me up after a deep sleep. 

That was after my near-death experience last year February 19, 2011. A stroke due to hypertension called aneurysm. A raptured vein on the left side of my brain, and an operations was done to save my life, the procedure they call surgical clipping. I was really very lucky. God held me during the long hours surgery, held my hands and woke me up after 7 hours. I opened my eyes and the doctor called me as a miracle patient. That was the best blessing, best love of God.

It was a case of a severe headache, the worst pain I ever had, it was like a bolt of lighting. That was Feb. 18 while having lunch with my co-workers. 

I find brain aneurysms almost unique. Can’t understand the dramatic event and I’ve been asking a lot of whys and hows. There are a  lot of curiosity on what’s been happening in life. But I am really thankful to many surprises and blessings. I have recuperated. I never loss memory and physical strength. For one year, I have rest and  I’m alive and kicking! 

I am one of the lucky few that survived a ruptured brain aneurysm. I survived a ruptured brain aneurysm on February 19, 2011. Brain aneurysm is really a tough fight with life, a unique battle and I won.

After three days of the surgery, everything went well in my NEW life. I’m very thankful and happy to see many people around me, staying by my side. Praying, showing their love and concern for me. My family, relatives, friends, classmates, batchmates, from different community groups, my relative's friends, supportive and kind hospital doctors, nurses, and staff.

Thankful to all for giving me support and care. Thanks for all the prayers and love! I am forever grateful to all! May God bless you all! 

I pray to God and always talk to Him even before. Just call Him and He will hear us. Open our heart and by faith, received His strength and might. God empowers us to live in victory and overcome all the troubles in our lives. With God, everything is possible, no matter what is going on in our life. I wonder how can that be possible but then again I was reminded of God’s word that says, “With God, all things are possible” Phil. 4:13.

           Give thanks to the God of heaven. His love endures forever.” -- Psalm 136:26 

            “I trust in God’s unfailing love for ever and ever.” --Psalm 52:8

Those who have experienced a brain aneurysm that hemorrhage are really sensitive to anything that involves the head. Any kind of headache sends us into panic mode fearing that we are having another head injury.

There are a number of symptoms that indicate a possible aneurysm has formed. However, quite often these symptoms will be ignored and passed off as a nuisance in life. These sound like everyday things. The recovery process can take months or even years to restore normal everyday functions.


Started April 2011, I was going back to using my computer, back to my readings, my internet hobbies, facebook, games and all. And I did research about Brain Aneurysms. 

Here are some readings: 

An aneurysm or aneurism is a localized, blood-filled balloon-like bulge in the wall of a blood vessel. Aneurysms can commonly occur in arteries at the base of the brain and an aortic aneurysm occurs in the main artery carrying blood from the left ventricle of the heart. When the size of an aneurysm increases, there is a significant risk of rupture, resulting in severe hemorrhage, other complications or death. Aneurysms can be hereditary or caused by disease, both of which cause the wall of the blood vessel to weaken.

Symptoms for an aneurysm that has not ruptured:

   Fatigue
   Loss of perception
   Loss of balance
   Speech problems

Symptoms for a ruptured aneurysm:

   Severe headaches
   Loss of vision
   Double vision
   Neck pain and/or stiffness
*  Pain above and/or behind the eyes

Diagnosis
Diagnosis of a ruptured cerebral aneurysm is commonly made by finding signs of subarachnoid hemorrhage on a CT scan (Computed Tomography, sometimes called a CAT scan.

TREATMENT

Surgical clipping was introduced by Walter Dandy of the Johns Hopkins Hospital in 1937. It consists a craniotomy to expose the aneurysm and closing the base of the aneurysm with a clip. The surgical technique has been modified and improved over the years. Surgical clipping remains the best method to permanently eliminate aneurysms.

22 comments:

Gemma|My Dailies said...

Thank God! Happy Birthday!:)

Sebs | MaximizingMarriage.com said...

Wow! Praise God for your story!

Cha said...

Thank you God for saving our lives and giving us a second chance! I also survived Brain Aneurysm last year. I was operated on last January 22, 2011 http://travel-on-a-shoe-string.blogspot.com/2012/01/brain-aneurysm-survivor.html

Irene said...

A living testimony that God still performs miracles even up to the present time. He must have given you this second life to tell us your story and inspire us today. Thank you for sharing. God bless! :-)

Unknown said...

Wow nice read on a sunday morning! Very inspirational. Praise God for your miracle recovery! And happy Bday!

Nelly said...

A very touching story. You're a real inspiration.

chrisair said...

I am so happy for you, thanks for becoming a good friend also

Unknown said...

Oh wow!! This is really a miracle. God is always good. He always have his way to call us once in a while. I also experienced this when I had a breast surgery then pronouced as cancer-free. God bless you.. Thanks for sharing. =)

Renee said...

Very inspirational. God is good! Have a wonderful Sunday!

Anonymous said...

You are a blessed miracle ! Praise God ! God bless always !

Admin said...

Thanks Gemma|My Dailies ! Have a blessed day ! :)

Admin said...

Thanks Sebs ! God is really good ! Have a blessed day ! :)

Admin said...

Thanks God for the gift of life He has gven us two ! We survived and we were save by God who love us ! Stay safe and have a blessed day always! Thanks Cha ! :)

Admin said...

Many thanks Irene! I thank God for giving me the chance to live and be inspire too... and to enjoy wonderful life again . Have a great and blessed day friend ! :)

Admin said...

It;s really a happy birthday again ! Praise God for giving me my 2nd chance to life. Thanks Violy and God bless always ! :)

Admin said...

Thanks Nelly ! Have a great and blessed day!

Admin said...

Thanks so much Chrisair ! I also thank God for giving me my 2nd chance to live and chance to meet lots of wonderful people around ! I'm happy to meet you here my friend! :)

Admin said...

Praise God for loving us so great and save us ! Thanks Ness ! have a great day ! God bless always! :)

Admin said...

Yes God is good all the time ! Thanks Renee and have a great and blessed day ! :)

Admin said...

Praise God ! Thanks anonymous and have a blessed day ! :)

nimfa chua said...

hi ms. myrns, tama ka, mapalad tayong nagkasakit na naka survive, me super natakot nang magka pneumonia, akala ko katapusan ko na. mabuti na lang nasa tabi ko ang family ko at ang sister ko & husband niya. sila yung nag alaga sa akin for two months. ang hirap kumilos na masakit ang likod at hinihingal ka sa kaunting kilos. sa prayers at pag aalaga ng mga nagmamahal sa akin ay gumaling ako.
ang bait ni lord kasi up to now lagi siyang nasa tabi ko. may pagsubok ang lahat ng tao, nasa kanya na lang kung paano ito i ha handle. basta prayer is the best. thank you lord sa lahat ng blessing.

http://halohalo22o.blogspot.com/2012/02/dubai-fountains-synchronized-with.html

Admin said...

Thanks God at mapalad tayong naka survived! Thanks sa mga family, relatives and friends natin na nagmamahal sa atin.... and i thank you nim, and sa mga kaibigan ko nakasama sa mga nakaraang events ! Thanks sa mga prayers and love ! God bless always ! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
enjoying wonderful world